Creality is currently one of the largest manufacturers of 3D printers in the world. Like a number of other companies of this type from China, he owes his career to selling super cheap, amateur FDM / FFF 3D printers, based on the popular Josef Průša design. As the years go by, Creality begins to bolder and bolder in the segment of more advanced desktop-class devices, as evidenced by one of the latest 3D printers in the manufacturer’s offer – the CR-200B.
The 3D printer has a fully enclosed housing, which allows you to work with shrink materials such as ABS. The maximum temperature of the print head is 260°C, which allows you to work with most popular engineering-class plastics, including experiments with selected types of polyamides. The head is fully metal, which is an upgrade compared to the solutions known from cheap, amateur models such as the Ender 3 or the CR series. It is equipped with dual fans for quick cooling of prints. The work table is made of carborundum glass and heats up to 100°C.
The working area is standard 200mm in XYZ axes. The CR-200B is additionally equipped with a number of functionalities typical for desktop devices, such as:
- filament flow sensor with the option of automatic pause in the event of its break or when it runs out
- large color touch screen to control the operation of the 3D printer
- internal LED lighting of the working chamber
- control via Wi-Fi from the level of the mobile application
- automatic resumption of the 3D print job after a power failure.
Although the CR-200B does not have a removable, flexible table like other 3D printers, the carborundum glass plate has a number of advantages: it can heat up much faster, stays perfectly flat all the time, and provides easy release of prints when it cools down. Thanks to the aesthetic working chamber closed on all sides, the CR-200B should be suitable for 3D printing of ABS objects. Of course, it will also print objects from PLA or PETG – just like devices with an open table.
- 3D printing technology: FDM / FFF
- number of print heads: 1
- 3D printing area: 200 x 200 x 200 mm
- 3D printer dimensions: 411 x 435 x 503 mm
- max temperature of the working table: ≤100 ° C
- max print head temperature: ≤260 ° C
- layer range: 0.1 – 0.4 mm
- resolution: ± 0.1 mm
- print head diameter: 0.4 mm
- price: approx. PLN 1700.00 gross.