Filaments Ancient Bronze and Classic Copper are the hottest positions in the offer of Formfutura. They are traditional PLA-based with a content of approximately 80% metal. This high filling with metal powders enables every FDM 3D printer user to 3D print metal objects which are almost indistinguishable from genuine, ancient bronze and copper. The producer declares, that they are extremely suitable to be post processed. What more is characteristic for MetalFil line?
Below we are presenting properties of the products which are possible to achieve after post-processing.
- Brushing and sand grinding: You can brush or sand your models with brass or grid to really shine up your model at the end.
- Build-in white polish: The filaments offer up a thin white mist on your figurines as a result of being brushed and sanded. You can then begin to polish, and see it emerge in traditional ancient bronze.
- Professional polishing with a rotary tumbler: The manufacturer suggests using one with your MetalFil 3D printing object will render it indistinguishable from genuine bronze casted objects.
- Patina: Effects depend on the medium, which is used in post-processing. Formfutura recommends amonnia or soda in case of bronze and a soldering fluid for copper. As a result, you will achieve a faded blue or a weathered green look, allowing for an antique feel.
- Waxing and coating: A method which helps to receive shiny objects. Products like beeswax and XTC-3D are just a couple recommended.
To get more detailed information, visit the website of Formfutura.